Q: How do I schedule a tattoo with you?
A: Please email your inquiries to wiji.lacsamana[at]gmail.com. In your email, it is very important for you to include the design you would like to have (photos, or a pretty understandable description of what you like), along with size (in inches), color preferences and placement of tattoo. I often reply, as soon as I can, with possible free dates and further discussion of your design.
Q: How much are your tattoo rates?
A: It depends on the following, yet again:
- Your design. How intricate or simple the design is, the colors we will use.
- Size. It is very important that you indicate how many inches you want the tattoo to be. A "palm sized" tattoo can be different to so many people--I, for one, have small palms, and I know that my fiancee has big ones, so please specify size in inches.
- Placement. Some areas can be trickier than other areas.
But basically, my minimum for a small, simple one is Php1,500.
Q: What are your best tips for getting tattooed?
A: Here are a few:
- Get a good night's sleep the day before the tattoo session. You need all the rest you can muster.
- I find that drinking a banana shake, or eating a banana (or two) before the session helps with my endurance. Never underestimate the power of potassium.
- Eat before the session--you need all the strength.
- Please always be on time. (For some reason, most people fail to do this--boo!) An angry or even a slightly annoyed tattooer will inevitably produce less stellar results than a happy and excited tattooer.
- Please do not arrive to the studio intoxicated.
- If you must, bring 1 person/support at the most during the session. Please do not bring your whole posse. This isn't a party, and I do not have the chairs, the space and the focus to accommodate everyone. :)
- Dress appropriately for the placement of the tattoo. For example, if you are getting one done on the thigh, wear shorts. If you are getting one on the upper back, wear a shirt with easy access to the area, and so forth.
- Breathe normally during the session. Regular, healthy breathing supports your endurance and calms the mind. Holding your breath causes fainting.
Q: How do I commission you for work?
A: Please feel free to contact me via email or at the contact section of this page. I will get back to you as soon as possible. And thank you in advance for considering me!